Sunday, July 16, 2006

Danny Cox and Malford Milligan: July 14, 2006
























Danny Cox was the unannounced opening act at the Olathe, Kansas, free Friday night concert series on July 14. I wrote about the show here.
























Cox enjoyed national recognition among folk circles in the late '60s and early '70s. He now resides in Kansas City, KS.




















Vocalist Malford Milligan contributed to Cox's set.



















They seemed to enjoy the pairing, although their music has little in common.
























Milligan, a Texan, opened his set with Freddie King's "Palace of the King."



















About four hundred people attended the concert.

1 Comments:

Blogger Greg Beck said...

Back in the eighties for a long time Danny Cox and his band used to play every Saturday during the summer on the roof deck of the Harris House which is now McCoy’s. It was such a cool thing. And I apologize about the bad language in my last comment, sometimes I need to remember that I’m not in my own yard.

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home