Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Kansan In the Canyon (Fifth and Final Leg)
















With the Grand Canyon conquered, I moved on to Petrified Forest National Park. The German man in the black jacket wanted to punch my lights out but I bonded with the enthusiastic tour guide.
















I'm a petroglyph geek.

















Is there life on Mars?

















They know how to write a headline in Arizona. And terrestrial radio provided hour after hour of outstanding entertainment on my return trip. Monitoring Navajo and Hopi radio proved fascinating. "Tradio" is never less than hilarious. The NCAA tournament had also begun.















As I sat in Albuquerque's rush hour traffic I realized that it's a place I could happily call home. Later in the trip, I discovered that Oklahoma City has almost completely caught up with Kansas City. They deserve their NBA team.















In a previous life I felt like I owned Amarillo. It's the site of many of my most rewarding professional triumphs. The thick fog that enveloped the city was appropriate. I mustn't live in the past.
















There's no place like home.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Warren Animal Control said...

Hii thanks for sharing this

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home