Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Kansan In the Canyon (Third Leg)

















I left Taos in style by crossing the dizzying Rio Grande Gorge Bridge. It's a perfect spot for jumping if you're so inclined.















I'm not a fan of Thomas Kinkade's kitsch, but driving across northern Arizona made me realize that the postcard-perfect pastoral scenes he often depicts actually exist.
















Where's my snowboard?















The constantly changing landscape of U.S. 64 is amazing.















This shot was taken within minutes of the previous two.















Ship Rock in the Navajo Nation is quite the landmark.















I wanted to cross Utah off my list. That's my excuse for visiting the miserable Four Corners tourist trap. It's a sad place. Still, that's 40 down, 10 to go...















Spectacular? Yes, but the best is yet to come.

2 Comments:

Blogger Auntie Aidan said...

Formerly being Holly in Albuquerque -- I agree with your Taos comments. Mostly, I completely agree with your 4 Corners comments. One drives forever to get there, and it is truly a very sad place. And expensive. But the fry bread is always tasty.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Happy In Bag said...

I'll eventually get to Albuquerque, Holly. (I liked it.) Thanks for checking in.

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home